Monday, August 29, 2011

Making Your Own Cloth Diapers

So recently I've switched my son Lucas over from regular diapers to cloth diapers. I did this for two particular reasons. 1. In the long run, cloth diapering saves around 1000$ a year. If you figure your kid could be in diapers for at least 2 to 3 years, then that's 2000-3000$ per child!! This is much more expensive than buying cloth diapers and saving them over the years. As long as you take good care of them (cleaning wise) then they could last more than one child! 2. With cloth diapering you know exactly what kind of chemicals (or lack there of) are going on your child's bum. I remember seeing somewhere that Pampers was dealing with a major lawsuit due to their Dry Max diapers causing chemical burns on many children's rear. When you have to worry about your child getting a chemical burn from a diaper, I think it's time to reconsider your options.
So, we've been cloth diapering now and we love it.
This post isn't so much to talk about cloth diapering though (I'll do that in another post!) but it's to show a couple videos I've come across and links on how to sew your own cloth diapers. So if you like to be crafty, this is the stuff for you!!

Enjoy!!!



The link to the diaper pattern is HERE



Credit to: Adventures In Fluff (LOVE this blog!)




No comments:

Post a Comment